Gas leak secured on Daniel Island | News
DANIEL ISLAND, SC (WCSC)- Daniel Island residents woke up Wednesday to find several firefighters and utility crews tending to a gas leak.
Charleston Fire Department officials said firefighters responded to 888 Island Park Drive around 5:30 a.m. to tend to a natural gas leak.
Officials rerouted traffic while SCE&G crews worked on the leak, which was secured around 7 a.m.
The leak happened near the Kangaroo Express, located at the corner of Island Park Drive and River Landing Drive.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Daniel Island Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cops: Charleston man attacked, pushed wife down stairs
- Plenty of craft beer on tap Saturday at the Charleston Beer Garden
- SCE&G: Heavy rope fell on Ravenel Bridge, broke three light poles
- Annual Southeastern Beard & Moustache Championships returns May 25
- Student reports threatening tweet to police department
- Motorcyclist released from MUSC after catching fire on I-26
- Report: Man arrested after lying about gun in his possession
- Police investigating drive-by shooting in North Charleston
- Select Health of SC raises $5,000 for Lowcountry March of Dimes
- Cops: Suspect beat, robbed man after inviting him over for beers